venerdì 17 gennaio 2014

SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR'S SECRET PARENTING WEAPON: CO-STAR ROBIN WILLIAMS




Sarah Michelle Gellar is one busy lady! In addition to her full-time job starring on "The Crazy Ones," the "Buffy" alum is a full-time parent to her two children, Charlotte Grace, 4, and Rocky James, 16 months, with husband Freddie Prinze Jr. While hosting a group of reporters on the set of her CBS sitcom, the 36-year-old mother of two
dished on everything from her secret trick to staying in shape while juggling two kids to her daughter's possible future in Hollywood and the special bond Charlotte shares with her mom's legendary comic co-star Robin Williams! Keep reading for the highlights.

On her daughter's possible Hollywood ambitions:

"My daughter is going to be a director. Everything is 'Frozen' right now, so she puts on performances of 'Frozen' with her friends. If they don't cue at the right time…! She directs the performances, so she'll either run a studio or be a director.
On whether or not her kids visit the 'Crazy Ones' set:

"Oh, are you kidding? Of course, they do! Well, it started in the pilot because my daughter wanted to meet Kelly Clarkson. But now, my daughter has a whole thing where she wants a golf cart and she wants Uncle Robin [Williams]. If I FaceTime her at night, sometimes she'll be like, 'I want to talk to
Uncle Robin!'"

On how 'Crazy Ones' co-star Robin Williams gets along with her children:

"He's the ultimate. We had babies on set today, and he was the baby whisperer. A baby would start to cry, and Robin would pull stuff out [to soothe them]. But Brad Garrett made me really popular too because he's [the voice of] Hook Hand Thug [in 'Tangled']. … One day when I was working late, and [my daughter Charlotte] was kind of bummed, I had Hook Hand Thug and the Genie call her. She got a whole phone conversation with Hook Hand Thug and the Genie. So it's pretty amazing!"


On balancing her busy work schedule with motherhood:

"It's still hard work. I haven't been home to put my kids to bed in two days, and it's hard. … We're usually [on set] by 6 in the morning, and then we try wrap between 5 and 6 at night."

On how she relaxes at the end of a busy day:

"I go to bed! I've got two children under the age of 4."

On how she 'pampers' herself:

"What is pampered? Pampers, oh, the diapers, yes! Yes, we use them. They're great. I like the sensitive ones because they don't make a lot of noise at night when [my kids] sleep."



On how her interest in fashion has changed now that she's a mother:

"Once you have kids, fashion takes a whole other level. Like, I never knew what flats were until I had children. Now, it's like, 'What's a stylish flat?' And handbags: About as cool as I can get [is] 'What can I shove in there?'


On how she stays in shape:

"The best way to hike is to push the double stroller because that is the most exhausting work I've ever done. Like, we're literally halfway through, and I say to [my kids], 'OK. Get out. You're walking. Momma can't push any more!'"


On teaching her kids the value of hard work:

"Any working mother will say the same thing -- or working father! We have a job, and it's important to teach [our kids] balance. Everything we have, we have because Mommy and Daddy worked very hard for it. Nothing was given to us. I hope to instill the same [values in them].


On her recent 'proud mama moment':

"I had the greatest moment happen to me the other day. We were at a toy store, and my daughter and her friend had gone in. [I was] kind of outside, and I finally was like, 'I'd better go check on my kid in the store.' [I asked] the owner of the store, who I know, 'Are they being OK?' And she said, 'Being okay? … In all of the years I've owned
this store, this was the first time two little girls came in and said, May we please play with the toys?' That was just the 'proud momma' moment.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento